From season 2018-19 there will be 2 representative teams from the NDCA competition in the Regional Plan B T20 Bash. The existing Blasters team will continue and will be made up of players from the Newcastle City Council based clubs.
A new team will be established representing the Lake Macquarie area. The team will be known as the Lake Mac Attack and be made up of players from the Lake …Macquarie Council based clubs.
This exciting new initiative will give around 30 NDCA players a chance to play cricket at the next level, push for Newcastle and NSW Country selection and provide an opportunity to play cricket at the SCG in the Plan B finals. It will also provide a fast growing region such as Lake Macquarie with its own representative cricket team.
The first match scheduled in the competition is a local derby between the Newcastle Blasters and Lake Mac Attack scheduled for Sunday October 7.
Other teams in this pool are Hunter Valley Hitmen and Central Coast Rush. The winner of the pool progresses to the SCG in December for the playoffs. The Blasters won the Plan B competition last year.
The following Newcastle players have been selected in the NSW Country squads for the Australian National Championships next season
Merewether 7/132 def Charlestown 130
Player of Final – David Celep (MW)
Charlestown 9/247 def Newcastle City 162
Player of Final – Andrew Saville (CH)
Charlestown 6/130 def Stockton 8/124
Player of Final – Cooper Sutton (CH)
NDCA Major Awards 2017-18
- Herald Player of Year : Joint winners Nathan Price (Wallsend) and Adrian Chad (Toronto)
- Herald Team of Year : Merewether (based on accumulated player points )
- Dickinson Shield – First grade batting average : Matt Webber (Hamwicks) – 400 runs @ 67
- Heath Shield – First Grade bowling average : Saliya Saman – (Charlestown) – 26 wickets @ 11
- Wicketkeeper – First Grade : Patrick Huolohan – (Merewether) – 32 dismissals
- Warren Tenant Scholarship : Glenn Winsor – (Charlestown )
- Kingsgrove Sports Junior Player : Angus McTaggart – (Newcastle City)
- NDCA Rep Player of Year : Joseph Price (Wests)
1st Grade: Wests V Merewether, No 1 Sports Ground, 10:30 am
2nd Grade: Charlestown V Merewether, Kahibah Oval, 11:30 am
3rd Grade: Charlestown V Newcastle City, Alfred Harker Oval, 12:30 pm
4th Grade: Charlestown V Stockton, Lynn Oval, 12:30 pm
In a high quality game of T20 cricket, the Seadragons have defeated the Pumas in the final of the NCC Summer Bash. The Seadragons chased down the Pumas score of 147 with 2 balls to spare. Andrew Harriott from the Seadragons was Player of the Final with 82no from 54 balls.
- Sea Dragons 3/148 (A Harriott 82no) def Pumas 8/147 (S Webber 76)